A healthy frittata made with kale, Parmesan cheese and sage. It’s a great way to sneak some kale into your diet too.
My love of a frittata is well documented by now as I think that they are a great quick, easy and nutritious meal. So now I am at the stage when I am looking for new flavour combinations to make a frittata. I was at my local vegetable market where one of the stall holders had some delicious looking kale for a change. Frittata time, I though to myself and so, the kale, parmesan and sage flavour combination was drawn up! I like the flavour combination of Parmesan and sage and thought it would go well with the earthy taste of the kale. It did.
I use a small frying pan to make this and if you are going to use a large pan, increase the quantities accordingly. If you were very hungry, the whole frittata would disappear. If you are serving this with salads or side dishes, then a quarter might suffice. All depends upon how hungry you are.
- 1 medium bunch kale
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 tblspn fresh sage, chopped (or dried)
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn pepper
- 2 tblspns olive oil
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat (I used an 8 inch pan for this).
- Add the kale and cook for 5 minutes until wilted and soft.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the sage, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the frying pan and cook for 7-10 minutes until firm.
- Heat the grill on a medium heat and place the frittata underneath it, until the top is golden and firm.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Nutritional Info - whole frittata - 461 Calories, 28g Fat, 16g Total Carbs, 13g Net Carbs, 3g Fibre, 39g Protein
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss a recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!