Although this is a very simple carrot noodle dish it is extremely freshing. It’s colourful, light and tangy with a hit of heat! Probably one of my favourite flavour combinations but that’s just a matter of personal taste. Although nothing still beats my peanut butter, chocolate avocado pudding. However, back to this dish! It is a great salad or a delicious side dish. I enjoyed it for a very uplifting lunch and enjoy the vibrancy of its colour too.
If you don’t have a spiralizer then you could peel ribbons or grate it (note for those in the UK, there are some amazing offers on spiralizers at the moment which make me very jealous that I am not there. Then I look at a sunset here, sip my rum and suddenly everything is okay again! hee hee)
There is something about chilli and lime that goes very well together. The sweetness of the carrots bring out these flavours and together you have a very quick and healthy dish. I have a similar dish involving peanut butter and coriander which is just as delicious.
- 2 carrots, peeled and spiralized
- 1 tblspn lime juice
- 2 Jalapeno chillis, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tblspn coconut oil
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn black pepper
- Combine the coconut oil, lime juice and jalapeno together to make a dressing.
- Place the carrots in a bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the carrots and add the coriander. Blend well to ensure all pieces are covered with the dressing.
- Season to taste.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Nutritional Information - 295 Calories, 27g Fat, 2g Protein, 6g Carbs, 2g Fibre, 4g Net Carbs
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes
If you make this, share it! Tag your photo on Instagram with #divaliciousrecipes