This is a healthy low carb and gluten free cookie that would be great for breakfast or those mornings when you are on the go and have no time to cook before you run for the train/bus. It’s also another great way to sneak flaxseed into your diet. Flaxseed is a great superfood but can be an acquired taste for some. The Chief Taster munched these without his usual complaints about flaxseed too. His tolerance to flaxseed is my benchmark for how strong the taste is.
Excuse the mis-shape of mine as I just threw the mixture onto the baking tray with no sense of proportion! The mixture spreads out whilst cooking so you may not get perfect circles. Do not place the mixture too close to each other as you will end up with a tray full of cookies that need to be cut out! I baked mine in two batches.
Chewy Peanut Butter & Flaxseed Cookies
1/2 cup (84g) ground flaxseed
1/2 cup erythritol (100g) (or sugar substitute of your choice)
1/2 cup (113.5g) butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup (125g) peanut butter
1 tspn vanilla essence
1 tspn baking soda
1/2 tspn salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Place the butter and erythritol (sugar substitute) in a bowl and mix together until a smooth mixture.
- Add the egg, vanilla essence and peanut butter and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until combined.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- Place about a teaspoon of the mixture onto the parchment paper and keep about an inch apart (the cookies will spread during cooking). I cooked these in two batches on one tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Remove, let cool, eat and enjoy!
Makes 15-20 cookies
Nutritional info per cookie (based on a batch of 15) – 139 Calories, 13g Fat, 3g Protein, 3g Carb, 2g Fibre, 1g Net Carb
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss a recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!