This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
These mini crustless Quiche can be served as an appetizer, part of your party platter, a nice delight in your lunch box or a tasty snack. I was glad that the Chief Taster was away travelling when I made these as I got to “sample” all of these myself. Only a few made it to the next day. They are great cold too!
The sweetness of the onion with the touch of garlic lifts the flavour for me. I HAVE to make this flavour combination in a frittata! Although I used dried rosemary you could use any other herb to your personal taste.
Mini Brie & Caramelised Onion Crustless Quiches
100g Brie cheese, cut into small pieces (about 1/2 inch)
1 red pepper, trimmed and cut into small pieces
2 onions, peeled and sliced
1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
1 tspn dried rosemary
1/4 tspn salt
1/4 tspn black pepper
2 tblspns butter (to grease the pan)
2 tblspn olive oil
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and add the onions and garlic for 10 minutes, occasionally stirring to ensure all of the mixture is cooked.
- Add the red pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Butter the insides of a mini muffin tin (this mixture should make 15 mini muffins).
- Remove the onion and pepper mixture from the frying pan and place about a tablespoon of the mixture into the buttered muffin tin.
- Add the Brie cheese into the muffin tin.
- Beat the eggs and season with the dried rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tin.
- Bake for15-20 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
Makes 15 mini quiches.
Nutritional info per mini quiche – 52 Calories, 3g Fat, 2g Carbs, 0g Fibre, 2g Net Carbs, 3g Protein
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Out of stock
Price: Check on Amazon