Although I serve these as upright eggs, this can be tricky depending upon the position of the egg yolk once the egg has been hard boiled. You may be better off slicing the egg in half and serve as you would a deviled egg. These can be prepared in advance and make a great appetizer, picnic snack, addition to your lunch box or are delicious with a salad. I sometimes serve these as part of a Tapas meal too.
The filling is tangy yet creamy. I love the flavour combination of lemon and capers! Any left over filling could be used as a sandwich filling. Or ate straight out of the bowl whilst muttering “best not waste any food”. Try to ignore the judgemental stares of your pets as you do this. Well, my cats were judgemental, my dogs were in full puppy-eyed begging mode. They got nothing.
Stuffed Eggs with Lemon & Capers
8-10 hard boiled eggs, peeled
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tblspn capers, finely chopped
1 lemon – zest and rind
4 tblspn mayonnaise
1 tspn black pepper
3 tblspn fresh parsley
- Cut the top of the bottom and top of the eggs, so that they can be stood upright.
- Gently, with a small spoon or a knife, scoop the egg yolks out.
- Add the egg yolks, trimmed egg whites, garlic, capers, lemon juice, lemon zest to a bowl and mix well.
- Stir in the mayonnaise and season with the black pepper.
- With a small spoon, fill the hollowed out eggs with the mixture.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the eggs.
- Eat and enjoy!
Serves 8-10 portions (eggs)
Nutrition per egg: 82 Calories, 6g Fat; 6g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carb
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss a recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!