Gluten Free/ Low Carb/ Snacks & Appetizers/ Vegan/ Vegetarian

Spicy Peanut Cauliflower Bites

I see a lot of cauliflower “wings” recipes which slightly disturb me as a vegetarian and a love for cauliflower.  I guess this is because the sauce used is similar to chicken wing dishes? I would rather call them cauliflower bites then wings.

I have used this sauce on chicken too (breast strips, not wings) for the Chief Taster which he enjoyed.  You could take this sauce and cook it on any part of the chicken or a vegetable you wanted.  Call it a wing if you wish! *shudders*.  I loved these and would label them as a snack or starter since there is a tendency to scoff the whole plate in one go (might be just us though..)!

Feel free to play around with the spices..some hotter chilli powder would be good, as a dash of garlic powder would be.

Spicy Peanut Cauliflower Bites

• Servings: 2-4
  • Time: 45mins
  • Difficulty: easy

1 cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets

2 tblspn peanut butter

2 tblspn oil (coconut or olive)

1 tblspn Tamari sauce

1/2 tblspn lime juice

1/2  tspn onion powder

1 tspn paprika

1 tspn cayenne pepper

• Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
  • Mix all the ingredients (except the cauliflower) in a bowl until smooth.
  • Add the cauliflower florets and stir to get a covering of the sauce all over them.
  • Place on a baking tray and cook for 25-30 minutes.
  • Eat and enjoy

Serves 2 (or 4 if you were stretching to a few pieces each, but why would you be that mean!)

Nutrition per serving (half of the recipe): 170 Calories, 10g Fat; 10g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 9g Net Carb

If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss a recipe!

Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!

It's only fair to share...Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+1Share on Tumblr0Share on Yummly9Pin on Pinterest90

20 Low Carb Cauliflower Recipes - Divalicious Recipes
    March 20, 2017 at 1:34 pm

[…] Spicy Peanut Cauliflower Bites […]

50 Low Carb & Gluten Free Superbowl Snacks - Divalicious Recipes
    January 31, 2017 at 9:13 pm

[…] Spicy Peanut Cauliflower Bites […]

Anna
    November 19, 2016 at 9:40 am

Have to add my praises of this recipe. Fantastic and the only way I make cauliflower anymore. All my favorite things in one package. Thank you!

Angela Coleby
      November 19, 2016 at 10:29 am

It’s one of my favourites too!

Sumantics
    October 9, 2016 at 5:41 am

Ok you’re my new best friend. My first ever baking experience today: I made the almond/coconut/flax bread. A decent outcome for a first attempt. A bit dense, though. I could only manage one slice for breakfast, and I’m still full five hours later. The sunflower chia bagels weren’t as good. I’ll get there – will take me a little time.

But this — THIS will be my go-to once-a-week recipe hereon. Looks absolutely divine. Also, don’t have tamari in my pantry so I’ll use some tamarind pulp instead for the umami kick. I need my peanut/peanut butter fix at least once a week, and I know peanuts are not allowed when strictly keto, but I’m not strictly keto and I work out five days a week and I know I’m rambling and this is the answer to all of my no-peanut woes. I just KNOW it’ll taste divine.

And I know I’m repeating myself, but you’re my new best friend. I do hope our paths will cross someday and I get to break bread with you in person! For the treasure trove that is your blog, I am thankful. Please know you will always have a place at my dinner table xoxox

Sumantics
      October 9, 2016 at 11:31 am

These. Were. Phenomenal. Sprinkled some fresh chopped cilantro on top and I was in heaven.

Psst. Don’t tell anyone, but I ate it all up >:)

Angela Coleby
        October 9, 2016 at 2:07 pm

LOL! I have done and will do the same! I regret nothing!! 😉

Angela Coleby
      October 9, 2016 at 2:07 pm

You have made my day! Thank you for your lovely comments! It’s a small world too so perhaps we will be sitting down together one day for a plate of these! x

Sumantics
        October 11, 2016 at 11:47 pm

🙂 <3 I'm making a paneer and bell pepper grill with this "marinade" this weekend. And I'll raise a toast to you when I relish them!

Angela Coleby
          October 13, 2016 at 3:50 pm

Yum!

30 Low Carb & Gluten Free Superbowl Snacks – Divalicious Recipes – Healthy, Low Carb & Gluten Free
    February 5, 2016 at 2:48 pm

[…] Spicy Peanut Cauliflower Bites […]

New Years Eve Party Bites – Low Carb & Gluten Free | Divalicious Recipes
    December 29, 2015 at 10:58 pm

[…] Spicy Peanut Cauliflower Bites […]

The hungry homemaker
    August 11, 2015 at 3:03 pm

Looks absolutely amazing!! I need to try these!

Sophie33
    August 10, 2015 at 1:06 pm

Ooh waw, a very unusual recipe for me to try & but I will make it soon! 🙂

August 10, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Thanks Sophie…they are soooo moreish! Hope you enjoy it!

Elaine @ foodbod
    August 6, 2015 at 3:54 am

Very tasty!!!

nickpanther
    August 5, 2015 at 2:56 pm

This is a great idea. I bet they taste just as good!

August 5, 2015 at 3:06 pm

I’d eat a piece of cardboard if it was slathered in this sauce…;)