Picnic time is upon us and a great way to make a crustless Quiche is in a lining of greaseproof paper. All you have to do is bake it and it’s ready wrapped for you. It feels like a little present as you unwrap the Quiche too! The combination of artichoke and asparagus give a lovely summery taste but you could make this with any of your favourite fillings. You can eat this warm straight from the oven, or cooled on a flower-filled meadow on a picnic blanket..
1 bunch of asparagus
175ml jar of artichokes, chopped
85g Goats cheese
1 cup cream (I used sour cream)
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 tspn pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F
- Line a baking tin with greaseproof paper, with a piece much larger than the tin, so that the sides are covered.
- Place the asparagus in a saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the asparagus is tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the cream and season. Crumble in the goats cheese.
- Place the asparagus and artichokes in the greaseproof paper case.
- Pour in the egg mixture and bake for 30 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
Nutrition entire quiche: 821 Calories; 73g Fat; 68g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 13g Dietary Fiber; 13g Net Carb