Every now and again the Chief Taster gets a treat and I will cook him meat. This week’s treat was a chicken burger. It was very easy to make and he enjoyed the flavours.
He declared them moist and tasty. I used chicken breasts but you could use chicken mince instead. It is as easy as throwing everything into a blender, press a button, them make some burger shapes. Cook and voila! A happy husband!
I’ve tested this with both dried and fresh tarragon and the Chief Taster gave the thumbs up to both. A bit of the lemon juice is added to the pan after cooking the burgers. If you want to grill or bbq your burgers, just sprinkle on the lemon juice directly.
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 small onion, cut in quarters
- 4 tblspn lemon juice
- 1 tblspn tarragon (fresh or dried)
- 1 tspn grated lemon peel
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 tspn black pepper
- Place half the lemon juice and the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blitz until combined.
- Form patties from the meat with your hands. (They can be covered and left in the fridge until required)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and cook the burgers for about two and a half minutes each side.
- Remove the burgers from the pan and add the lemon juice. Cook on a high heat for one minute. Pour the sauce over the burgers.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Nutrition per burger: 139 Calories; 1g Fat; 26g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carb