What’s better than a crepe? A whole stack of them, with layers of cream in between them giving the eater the illusion of cake! I made this lemon in flavour, but they would also be great with layers of chocolate cream, or perhaps berries. The concept is the same and the fillings can be creative. Layers of crepes galore!
I used a dash of stevia, but you may want to increase the level of sweetener you use if you have a sweeter tooth than me.
7 tblspns ricotta
1/2 tspn stevia (or sweetener of your choice)
Juice of 4 lemons
1 tup Mascarpone cheese (16oz – 453g)
Oil or butter to cook the pancakes
- Place the ricotta, eggs, stevia (or sweetener) and juice of 1 lemon in either a blender or bowl and mix until smooth.
- Heat the oil or butter in a small frying pan and spoon about 1/4 cup of pancake mixture into the pan. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until golden on one side, then flip/turn and cook the other side until golden.
- Place the cooked pancake on a sheet of grease proof paper.
- Repeat this until all of the pancake mixture has finished. It should make about 12 pancakes in total.
- Allow the pancakes to cool (this should not take too long since the pancakes are thin).
- Mix the remaining lemon juice with the Mascarpone cheese (sweeten if you want) and blend until smooth.
- Place one pancake on a plate, gently smooth a layer of the Mascarpone mixture onto the pancake. Place another pancake on top and repeat. Spread the top with the cream mixture and decorate as desired.
- Eat and enjoy!
Serves 4 portions
Nutrition: Per serving: 687 Calories; 66g Fat; 23g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carb