This salad is normally served warm, but is just as delicious at room temperature. It’s simple to make, just roast the cauliflower, make the dressing, introduce them to each other and voila!
Trends in food come and go but to me, the humble cauliflower has always been like the little black dress….always in style, and very adaptable. I call it a warm salad, but it would also make a great vegetable side dish too. Or you could just eat the whole thing yourself whilst the other half is out!
1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1 clove of garlic, peeled
2 tblspns capers
1 1/2 tblspns lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 tspn black pepper
1/4 tspn salt
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2-3 tblspns olive oil (for roasting)
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C/425F degrees.
- Toss the cauliflower in the tablespoons of olive oil and roast for about 20 minutes under golden.
- Meanwhile, mash the garlic.
- Chop the capers and add to the garlic.
- Mix with the lemon juice and olive oil. Season with the salt and pepper.
- When the cauliflower is roasted, toss it in the dressing.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the dish.
- Eat and enjoy!
Nutrition: Per serving: 275 Calories; 28g Fat; 3g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carb