These cupcakes are the delicious combination of coconut and lime which is a favourite flavour combo of mine.
I fancied something sweet one afternoon so thought I’d whip up a batch of cupcakes with coconut and lime. Light, delicious and hit the spot. I purposely have not included my topping recipe as you may want to use your own or change it. If you do want it, let me know and I’ll adjust the recipe but sometimes cupcake toppings are a very personal choice!
This recipe is my favourite cupcake recipe with coconut flour. It’s fun to adapt it with other flavours. Use and enjoy!
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup erthyritol (or sugar substitute of your choice)
1/4 cup coconut flour
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup dried coconut
1/2 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Beat the eggs well, stir in the coconut oil,lime zest, lime juice and coconut milk. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well. If the batter seems too thick add more coconut milk. It should resemble cake/pancake batter.
- Place the batter into cupcake cases 3/4 of the way up and bake for 20 minutes until the tops spring back lightly when touched.
- Remove and cool in the pan.
- Decorate with a cream cheese butter topping and limes if desired (I added coconut milk to my topping).
- Eat and enjoy!
Makes 8-10 cupcakes
Nutrition: Per cupcake: 126 Calories; 12g Fat; 3g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carb (this is without the topping)