A tasty soup made with beetroot, ginger and coconut that will lift your taste buds, along with your spirits!
As well as looking colourful this soup is full of flavour. I like the flavour combination of beetroot and ginger in a juice, but in a soup with coconut milk this is just delicious. As well as being colourful in flavour, a bowl packs many nutritional benefits. Beetroots contain valuable nutrients that may help lower your blood pressure, fight cancer and inflammation, boost your stamina, and support detoxification. Ginger is one of the foods that can give you a health punch, because it is so full of healthy benefits for your body. Ginger helps regulate cholesterol, helps improve the immune system, acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and has a beneficial effect on your overall digestive system, helping to regulate and aid the movement of food through your stomach, and small and large intestines. Coconut milk is high in is rich in antioxidants and lauric acid.
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 tblspns fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 large beetroots
- 3 cups stock
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1 tbspn coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1/4 tspn black pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on a medium heat and cook the onion until golden brown.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the beetroots and stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the beetroot is soft.
- Remove from the heat and add the coconut milk. Puree (either with a hand blender or put into a large blender and blitz).
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Eat, slurp and enjoy!
- Nutrition: Per Serving: 132 Calories; 12g Fat; 2g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carb