Cookies/ Gluten Free/ Low Carb/ Vegetarian

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have tried this recipe with using just peanuts and grinding my own butter, and also with a jar of peanut butter.  The version with the ground nuts wins hands down over the already made peanut butter which I suspect is due to the oils added to the jar.  The short story is make your own peanut butter.  It’s just so simple to make and delicious too.  Throw a couple of cups of peanuts into the food processor, blitz until you have a butter.  You can sweeten it to your own taste without any nasty additives thrown in.   These are currently the number 1 cookie recipe in our house.  What amazes me is just how easy they are to make.  Although I add high cocoa chocolate chips to the mixture, these cookies would be just as delicious without them and perhaps some added seasoning.  Cinnamon perhaps?

They are just lovely the next day and seem to firm up when left in the fridge, keeping their soft centre.  The joy of cookie baking using nut butters!  Gluten free and low carb goodness in cookie form!

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies

• Servings: 2-4
  • Time: 45mins
  • Difficulty: easy

2 cups unsalted peanuts

1/2 cup erthyritol

1/2 cup chocolate chips

1/2 tspn baking soda

1/2 tspn vanilla essence

1/4 tspn salt

1 egg, beaten

• Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
  • Place the peanuts in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
  • Pour into a bowl and add the remaining ingredients.  Blend well.
  • Spoon large tablespoon pieces onto a greased baking sheet, flattening into cookie shapes.
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and firm.

Makes about 8-10 cookies.

If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!

Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!

It's only fair to share...Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0Share on Tumblr0Share on Yummly8Pin on Pinterest44

Shopping Savings

My Favourite 20 Recipes | Divalicious Recipes In The City
    August 26, 2014 at 9:50 pm

[…] Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies – Just so easy to make, even the Chief Taster could do it.  So simple, yet so tasty.                  […]

Amina
    July 12, 2014 at 8:46 pm

Hi, do the peanuts need to blitzed until they get to a butter consistency?
    And can any other nuts be used instead of peanuts?

July 13, 2014 at 11:03 am

Hi Amina, yes they do need to be a soft butter consistency. You can use other nuts too…I love using pecans but cashews are great too!

Amina
        July 13, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Thanks for your quick response, just one more thing as I use xylitol as my sweetener would i need to use the same amount as erthyritol?
        Thanks

July 14, 2014 at 8:15 am

I use the same amount. I think that Xylitol is a bit sweeter than Erthyritol, but it might come down to individual tastes.

tannngl
    May 27, 2014 at 1:43 pm

It’s a little difficult to keep hubby on this diet. He does it but craves the foods he used to love, and still loves!
    This is one he loves! I’ll try this soon!
    So surprised this has no flour equivalent in it!

May 27, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Hope he enjoys it! Don’t think of it as a diet, as that suggests self deprevation! Think of it as a new way of eating! And you can still enjoy tasty treats such as these!

tannngl
        May 27, 2014 at 1:57 pm

I find it very easy. And I always refer to it as our ‘new life’. But he misses potatoes esp fries, bread and sugar in general. I’m an RN and have educated him about keto and he understands, but…
        He has lost 30 pounds since November and is off of his statin, antacid-anti reflux drug and just recently, his blood pressure med! He knows how good this is! And he’ll tell anyone he’s not hungry eating this way.
        It’s like there’s this little kid inside him that just demands what he wants! LOL!

May 27, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Well done on the weight loss! All husbands have a little kid inside them! 😉

• tannngl