The left over almond meal when I make almond milk presented me with a challenge as I did not want to throw it out. I will not speak of the crackers I tried for fear of the reoccurring nightmares. I did finally make a lovely version of falafel though and also a delicious, moist brownie. I am currently having a love affair with avocados and used them in this brownie recipe instead of butter. The result is a soft, moist brownie. You could use melted butter or coconut oil instead. A tasty and healthy way to use the almond meal.
3/4 cup almond meal
2 tblspn cocoa powder
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup erthyritol (or sugar substitute of your choice)
1/4 cup avocado, mashed
2 tblspn cream
2 tblspn coconut milk (you could use almond milk too)
25g dark chocolate
1/4 tspn salt
1/2 tspn baking powder
1 tblspn vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- Mix the almond meal, cocoa powder, erthyritol, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain marie over simmering water.
- Add the avocado, cream, eggs, coconut milk and vanilla to the melted chocolate.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and blend well.
- Pour into a brownie or cake tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
Serves 10-12 brownies