A colourful pea frittata flavoured with mint giving a colourful plate full of flavour. Delicious with a salad.
When I told the Chief Taster that he was having a pea frittata for lunch he did not display any enthusiasm and went off muttering. Lunch time came and after the first mouthful he tucked in with relish. This is now on his list of favourites and pops up when I ask him what he would like to have for lunch. It’s light in taste, bright and colourful to look at and easy to make. I now make sure I have frozen peas in the freezer so this can be whipped up on request.
I used a smaller 8 inch frying pan , so this frittata is suitable for 2 (or one hungry person..it fills the dinner plate). This would also be lovely with the addition of feta cheese, or perhaps some parmesan cheese…ooh, I am tempted to whip up another frittata now!
2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
1 cup peas (frozen or fresh)
2 tblspns mint, chopped
1 tblspn coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the spring onions and gently saute for 3 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the mint.
- Add peas to the pan, stir for about a minute, then add the beaten egg mixture.
- Cook on a medium heat for about 5-7 minutes.
- Heat the grill and place the pan underneath for 3-4 minutes until the top of the frittata is firm and golden.
- Eat and enjoy!
Serves 2 (or 1 hungry person)