Breakfast/ Gluten Free/ Low Carb/ Paleo/ Vegan/ Vegetarian

Strawberry and Coconut Chia Pudding

This chia pudding recipe is a cream delight with strawberries and coconut milk.  A delicious start to any day or even would make a great dessert.

I normally use almond milk in my Chia puddings, but this time tried coconut milk.   It was lovely and creamy.  A great version of strawberries and cream for breakfast!  Or a dessert.  I often have chia puddings for breakfast but this can make a lovely dessert option too.  Chia seeds are gluten and grain free but one tablespoon of the little seeds has more calcium than a glass of milk.  More Omega 3 than salmon and more antioxidants than blueberries!  They give you energy and are also great for weight loss as they absorb about 12  times their size in liquid.  So will expand and keep you full as well as being nutritious.  They also keep your blood sugar levels at a sensible level.   They are one of the most versatile superfoods.

The best thing about Chia puddings is that you throw the ingredients in a jar, shake them to mix, leave in the fridge overnight and voila! An easy breakfast.  Or dessert.  Or midday treat.

2 tblspn chia seeds

1 cups coconut milk

1/4 cup chopped strawberry

1/2 tspn vanilla essence

dash of Stevia

• Place all ingredients into a jar with a lid (or any Tupperware with a lid).
  • Shake well until mixed.
  • Place in the fridge and leave overnight.

Serves one

Nutrition:: 600 Calories; 57g Fat; 9g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 11g Net Carb

Gilda
    August 26, 2014 at 5:02 am

Thank you Divalicious I made it yummmy…added raw organic honey,walnut,raisin and dash of Cinnamon on top ….yummm it was delicious breakfast with cut up bananas….my family love it thanks again.

August 26, 2014 at 7:29 am

So glad you enjoyed it Gilda! Thanks for popping by!

Tropical Nostaligia | Eat Pray Bake
    February 27, 2014 at 12:47 pm

[…] pineapple and chia seeds in this overnight recipe. No heating, cooking or baking involved. Click here to see the original recipe from Divalicious Recipes In the City’s blog. If you are currently in a cold winter, are you longing for summer as much as I […]

eatpraybake
    January 25, 2014 at 2:15 am

Though some say coconut milk can be fattening, I really love coconut milk. Especially the tropical feeling I get from having it in the winter 🙂 I’m going to try this tonight.

January 27, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Hope you enjoy it! Could not survive without coconut in all it’s forms!

ediblethings
    January 20, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Chia with coconut milk – now that’s brilliant. I have tied it with soy milk, but I’m not really a fan of soy milk, so was a bit put off. I’m going to have another go with this version. Thank you Diva!

January 20, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Hope you like it! It’s very creamy and feels wicked. I love it when something so good tastes like it should be so bad for you!