A zucchini mint salad recipe with tomato. Refreshing and easy to make, this is a colourful dish. I used zucchini noodles to make this but sliced or peeled ribbons would work too.
This is a very light and refreshing summer salad. If you like mint, you will like the taste of this. If not, move along, nothing for you to taste here! I used my spiralizer to make curls of the zucchini, but you could grate this instead. If you were serving more than one person, serve them in small individual bowls for an added cuteness factor. My tip is to make sure you salt the zucchini well to get rid of the moisture as you do not want to be left with a bowl of water.
You could play around with other herbs with this too, perhaps coriander and extra lemon? It’s an easy salad and a way to eat up zucchini. I used a large zucchini and that served two people. For more, just double up the ingredients
1 1/2 tblspns lemon juice
3 tblspns olive oil
1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup fresh flat leafed parsley leaves
1 large zucchini
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 tspn pepper
- Cut the tomato into small cubes. Place in a bowl and season with salt and pepper
- Whisk the lemon juice, and oil in a bowl.
- Use a spiralizer on the zucchini or grate it into large strips.
- Put the zucchini into a colander and sprinkle salt over it. Leave for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash the zucchini and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Place the mint and parsley in a food processor and blitz.
- Mix the herbs with the dressing and add the zucchini. Toss well. Season to taste if required.
- Place the zucchini in a serving bowl and put the tomato on top.
- Eat and enjoy!