Zucchini (Courgette) and Basil Soup
This is a simple soup, full of the flavours of summer. It’s also a great way to use up all your excess summer zucchini’s. I love using zucchini’s in soups as once blended, they give a very creamy consistency. Much better than using a potato for a thickener and lower in carbs too! The basil gives this a great flavour and adds to the green, vibrant colour. It’s like a soup pesto! Strictly for basil lovers though.
Just so easy to make too, as are most soups…whip a batch up and have with the delicious bread rolls... it will keep you going for a while!
2 large zucchini (courgette), trimmed and cut into chunks
1 onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
2-3 tblspns coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
3 cups vegetable stock
1/3 cup basil leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook on a medium heat for 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Add the zucchini and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the basil and blend with a hand blendor or in a food processor.
- Season to taste.
- Eat, slurp and enjoy!
- Serves 2-4.