I’ve used raspberries in a salad so thought I’d try strawberries. Throw in a creamy advocado, a few spinach leaves and voila!
I added goats cheese as I like the tang of this against the sweetness of the strawberries. If you wanted to keep this dish Vegan, just omit the cheese. Or feel free to use another cheese…something blue would be nice. Well, I just loved this. It was sweet, creamy but not too sickly with a slight tang of the onion and the dressing. In fact, I had two bowls and am circularing the fridge with a gleam in my eye, pondering whether to eat the rest or save it for lunch tomorrow.
It looks pretty too…the red and green are lovely and bright. Food should look appealing to the eye, as well as the stomach. Apart from chocolate. That just looks good in it’s dark natural state!
- 1 cup of strawberries cut in half
- 1 Avocado, cut into chunks
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 4oz goats cheese, cut into small ¼ inch pieces
- ¼ small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tblspn balsamic vinegar
- 1 tblspn olive oil
- Juice of ½ lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- • Put all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk gently to combine.
- • Place the salad dressings in a serving bowl.
- • Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss.
- • Eat and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes
If you make this, share it! Tag your photo on Instagram with #divaliciousrecipes