Cheesecake and brownie! Together at last! A yummy low carb, gluten free brownie topped with cheesecake and baked.
This is just delicious! I had been thinking about this recipe and toyed with the idea of doing this in individual muffin form, but then went for the one tray option. I have not ruled out the muffin version though and will do that another lazy weekend.
The Chief Taster was beside himself with joy whilst this was baking and I had to hold him off whilst it was cooling. It is delicious once cooled, but better a day later, as the brownie is a touch more moist. Delicious either way. This is a great brownie recipe too, if you wanted to skip the cheesecake topping….
I made a vanilla and chocolate swirl with the cheesecake topping but you could play around with the flavours if you so wished. Oooh, Bailey’s if you are feeling wicked.. Or simple have a delicious vanilla cheesecake. Or top with some berries. Or added cream. Oh dear, just feel full thinking about it! So many possibilities of deliciousness!
- 2 x 8oz cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup erthyritol (or other sugar substitute)
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- 50g melted chocolate
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 tspn baking powder
- 3/4 cup erthyritol (or other sugar substitute)
- 1 cup butter
- 75g chocolate (dark and high in cocoa solids)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 tspn vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F degrees.
- Line a square baking tin (or you could use a circular one...no rule on shapes!) with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the brownie ingredients first.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a Bain Marie (bowl over simmering water).
- Remove from the heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- With a whisk, (electric is better) add the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla essence.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture in the tin evenly.
- Mix the cheesecake mixture.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese mixture with an electric whisk until smooth.
- Add the vanilla essence and erthyritol and beat well.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Put half the mixture in another bowl and add the melted chocolate. Mix well.
- Place the cheesecake mixture over the brownie base in an uneven distribution of the vanilla and chocolate cheesecake mixture.
- Swirl the chocolate and vanilla mixture lightly together.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool and then chill in the refrigerator.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Serves 4 -6 .
- Nutritional Info per brownie - 499 Calories, 25g Fat, 11g Protein, 12g Total Carbs, 4g Fibre, 8g Net Carbs