Avocado Pesto (Dairy Free)
Avocado is used in this pesto recipe instead of a hard cheese which gives way to a very creamy pesto sauce that is great slathered over veggies, meat, fish, vegetable noodles, a piece of bread, in a sandwich…oh the list goes on. I could eat this out of the jar with a spoon! Simple to make and tasty to eat! I sometimes find regular pesto a bit oily, so this is a great alternative. Avocado’s are a great superfood, packed with nutrients and heart-healthy compounds too!
Store in the refrigerator . I kept mine in a jar with a screw-top lid and it kept for a week.
1 avocado, ripe
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/3 cup pine nuts
3 cloves garlic, peeled andchopped
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tblspns olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the avocado, remove the stone and cut into chunks.
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor or a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Grilled Eggplant Stacks with Tomato, Basil Pesto and Feta | Divalicious Recipes In The City - […] whilst growling at the husband if he comes close to it. For the basil layer, I used a creamy avocado…
- 15 Avocado Recipes | Divalicious Recipes - […] http://divaliciousrecipes.com/2013/07/11/avocado-pesto-dairy-free/ […]