Cherry Tomatoes Stuffed with Guacamole
These are great for canapes, a picnic, side salad or tasty snack. The colour combination of the red tomato and green guacamole are bright and pleasing to the eye, let alone the flavour combination being pleasing to the taste buds. I used cherry tomatoes as the balance between the amount of guacamole and tomato seemed to balance for my tastes but you could use large tomatoes. To me, these were the perfect vessels for guacamole…I love the stuff and could eat it by itself with a big spoon! This way feels a bit more elegant although they can be messy stuffing the tomatoes, but that might just be me…..
Feel free to use your own guacamole recipe to stuff the tomatoes too…some people have their own spin on it!
15 cherry tomatoes
1 tblspn lime juice
3 ripe avocados
1 plum tomato, chopped (seeds removed)
2 tblspn spring onion, finely chopped
1/2 tspn fresh coriander
1 tblspn jalapeno chilli, finely chopped
1/2 tspn salt
- Cut a thin slice from the top of the tomato and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon.
- Pit and peel the avocados and mash the flesh in a bowl.
- Add the lime juice, tomato, onion, coriander, jalapeno, coriander and salt and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the cherry tomatoes.
- Eat and enjoy!
- New Years Eve Party Bites – Low Carb & Gluten Free | Divalicious Recipes - […] Cherry Tomatoes stuffed with Guacamole […]
- 30 Low Carb & Gluten Free Superbowl Snacks – Divalicious Recipes – Healthy, Low Carb & Gluten Free - […] Cherry Tomatoes Stuffed with Avocado […]