Yet another way to eat the versatile cauliflower! I’m serving cauliflower steaks for supper. The cauliflower is cut into four large slices and roasted. Then served with a tomato sauce and olive relish on the side. It can be a great supper dish or perhaps a starter?
It can be served warm or at room temperature. I munched it once it came out of the oven so cannot comment on the room temperature taste…and doubt it would last long enough to cool down in my house. There is something about the smell of roasted cauliflower that I adore! And the taste is just gorgeous.
1 cauliflower head, leaves removed but core intact
1/2 cup pitted black olives
3 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
2 plum tomatoes, cored and quartered
1 tspn lemon juice
3 tblspns olive oil
2 tblspns flat-leaf parsley, chopped
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower into 4 large slices, and put aside any florets that will break loose and chop them finely.
- Mix the chopped florets with the olives, sun-dried tomatoes, 1 tblspn oil, parsley and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Cook the cauliflower slices until golden brown on each side.
- Place the cauliflower slices, garlic and tomatoes onto a baking sheet lined tray and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the roasted garlic and tomatoes into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Place the tomato sauce over a plate, and top with the cauliflower slice.
- Add the olive and sun-dried tomato mix to the plate.
- Eat and enjoy!
Nutritional Information per serving – 291 Calories, 26g Fat, 5g Protein, 15g Total Carbs, 7g Fibre, 8g Net Carbs