When I told the Chief Taster I was making a tofu, cauliflower and cabbage stir fry he made a face and shuddered. Once I slathered this with a satay sauce he could not get enough of it. I made this with peanut butter but almond butter would be equally as nice and better with the carbs I think. When using peanut butter use a good natural made one…one without bags of sugar. This is a great way to perk up cabbage and cauliflower too! Not the usual veggies for a stir fry but they go so well with this sauce.
I love this sauce and think I could serve up anything with this poured over it..! Perhaps even just drink it straight from a cup……..;)
1/4 head of cauliflower cut into florets
1/4 white cabbage, thinly sliced
250g firm tofu, cut into small chunks
1 tblspn tamari sauce
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
3 tblspn peanut butter
1 red chilli, chopped and deseeded
1 inch ginger, peeled
1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
2 tspn ground cumin
2 tblspn oil (of your choice, I use coconut oil but olive is good too)
- Place the coconut milk, peanut butter, chilli, tamari, cumin, ginger and garlic in a blender/food processor. Blitz until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the tofu and cook until golden and firm.
- Add the cauliflower and cabbage and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the veggies, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!