I’ve come across a few coconut flour pizza recipes but this one is my favourite. This gives a fairly firm but thin based pizza with a slightly sweet taste. You can counter this with some salt and herbs in the mixture.
We could eat this with our hands too which makes a change for gluten free pizzas! Since this is made out of coconut flour, it is very high in fibre and filling too! Let alone low in carbs and gluten free! Woohoo!
Do not pile this high with toppings as the base is fairly thin. This might be nice with an alternative topping to tomato sauce..a pesto sauce would be a good one.
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup (56g)coconut flour
1/2 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 tspn garlic powder
1 tblspn dried oregano
1 tblspn olive oil
Tomato sauce or puree for base
Toppings of choice
Mozarella/cheese of choice
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F degrees.
- Cover a baking tray with greaseproof paper or parchment paper and lightly cover it with olive oil.
- Whisk the eggs and coconut milk until beaten, light and fluffy.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until thick and blended well. Let it sit for a couple of minutes to thicken.
- Spread the mixture across the greaseproof paper evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and flip over onto the greaseproof paper. Cook for a further 10 minutes until slightly golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and add the tomato sauce, toppings and cheese.
- Place until the grill and cook until the cheese has melted.
- Eat and enjoy!