A thick and tasty carrot and spinach soup that is hearty and healthy.
Although the colour of this soup does not look too inviting, it’s what you get when you mix orange and green! It is a great comfort soup full of goodness! Carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A, a good source of potassium, and contain vitamins C & B6, copper, folic acid, thiamine and magnesium. Spinach is nutritional powerhouse, rich in vitamin C, fiber and carotenoids. The lime in this soup gives it a nice tang and the coconut cream makes it lovely and creamy.
I used one and a half limes for the juice but I like the tangy flavour, you may want to adjust this to your own taste.
- 900g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 250g spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 750ml stock
- 25g creamed coconut
- 1.5 limes (juice)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 tblspn coconut oil
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and garlic and gently cook for 5 minutes until soft
- Add the carrots and gently cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and cook on a gentle heat for about 15 minutes until the carrots are soft.
- Add the spinach, coriander, lime juice and coconut cream and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend.
- Eat, slurp and enjoy!
- Nutritional Info per serving - 152 Calories, 6g Fat, 4g Protein, 25g Total Carbs, 9g Fibre, 16g Net Carbs