A broccoli and tomato soup that is thick, creamy and delicious. The bright colour should perk your winter up too!
I wanted a dish that combined tomatoes and broccoli and together they are a great combination of antitoxidants and phytochemicals. So the easiest thing to do was to make a soup out of them!
The result with a thick tasty soup. This would be a good way to sneak broccoli into your loved one’s diet. They will never know! Mwah ha ha!
Broccoli and Tomato Soup
1 large head of broccoli, trimmed and cut into florets
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 cup vegetable stock
1 tblspn coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute gently for 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil, cover and cook for 15 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
- Blend with either a hand blender or food processor. Season to taste.
- Eat and enjoy!
Nutritional Info per serving – 212 Calories, 14g Fat, 5g Protein, 21g Total Carbs, 7g Fibre, 14g Net Carbs
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss a recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!