Pumpkin time again! This recipe comes from the wonderful site, All Day I Dream About Food (just love that site…drool over it a lot!). The chief taster described these as “pumptastic”….Anything sweet and spicy has his vote really.. Whoopie pies are simply two soft cookies sandwiched together with a soft, creamy filling. Oh, now I see why the husband liked them…!
The filling I used is cream cheese one, but fresh cream would be lovely too. They might not keep as long (oh shame, best eat them all on the day that they are made….). I shall be playing around with whoopie pie mixtures…..
2 egg whites
2 tblspn butter, melted
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 tspn vanilla extract
1/2 cup erythritol (or sweetner of your choice)
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 tblpsn almond flour
1/4 tspn salt
1/4 tspn baking soda
1 tspn ground cinnamon
1 tspn ground mixed spice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Beat together (and use and electric mixer if you have one) the eggs, egg white, butter, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and erythritol until blended and no lumps.
- Add the coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda and spices.
- Mix well and ensure that there are no lumps.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place tablespoons of the mixture onto the parchment paper and flatten slighly (you are making a cookie shape).
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
- For the filling I used 4oz cream cheese, 2z butter, 1 cup erythritol (powdered..just ran it in the processor) and juice of 1/2 lemon. Blended until no lumps.
- Place the filling on one of the whoopie pies and sandwich together.
- Eat and enjoy!