Sweet Potato, Coconut and Ginger Soup
This is a creamy, sweet and spicy soup. It is very easy to make too. I loved the flavours of this soup and it was much better than I had expected, which is always nice. It tastes as if lots of effort, heart and soul went into it, rather than the reality of throwing ingredients into a pot and thinking “meh, a soup”.
I have started eating a savoury muffin with my soup in replace of bread roll. It is lovely and more filling! Let alone lower in carbs! Huzzah!
1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
2 tblspns chopped ginger
1 tin coconut milk
300ml vegetable stock
1 tblspn olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently cook the onion and garlic for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the potato and ginger and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the potato is cooked through.
- Blend with a processor or hand blender.
- Slurp, eat and enjoy!
- Paleo Recipe Finds! | get lost in the sun - [...] DIVALISCIOUS IN THE CITY — SWEET POTATO, COCONUT AND GINGER SOUP: SO [...]