Spinach and Parmesan Balls
These are just as delicious cold as they are hot. I ended up having some of these with a salad for my packed lunch and thoroughly enjoyed them cold. The balls flattened out a bit during cooking but still held their shape fairly well. For the breadcrumbs I used a gluten free bread roll from the supermarket and grated it. Normally I would have made breadcrumbs from my own bread but had not baked any that week. These are great on their own as an appetizer or perhaps with a side of salad.
3 cups frozen spinach, defrosted
2 cups gluten free breadcrumbs
1 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl together and season to taste.
- Shape the mixture into small balls and place on a parchment lined baking tin.
- Bake in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes until golden and firm.
- Eat and enjoy!
- 30 Low Carb & Gluten Free Superbowl Snacks – Divalicious Recipes – Healthy, Low Carb & Gluten Free - […] Spinach & Parmesan Balls […]