I recently purchased a Spiralizer from Amazon and it is now firmly part of my kitchen tools. It makes great spaghetti out of vegetables! I have been making lots of courgette (zucchini) which you can eat raw or gently fry it for a couple of minutes in butter. If you do not have a spiralizer, you could use the vegetable peeler to make ribbons of courgette (zucchini).
I used cashew nut cream to keep the dish vegan and raw. However I have also made this dish with a few tablespoons of thick cream and lemon juice added to it. Equally as yummy! This is a delightful, light summery dish and a great alternative to that nasty, stodgy, gluten heavy pasta…..
3 – 4 large courgette (zucchini)
2 tblspn lemon juice
2-3 spring onions, finely chopped
1 tspn salt
1 cup cashew nut cream
1 handful fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper to taste
- Process the courgettes (zucchini) in the spiralizer to make the vegetable spaghetti. Alternatively, you could use a vegetable peeler to make thin strips.
- Put the courgette (zucchini) into a colander and sprinkle with the salt. Stand for 15 minutes.
- Gently squeeze the excess water out of the courgette strips (zucchini).
- Combine the lemon juice, basil, cashew nut cream and spring onions. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Toss the courgette (zucchini) with the lemon mixture.
- Eat and enjoy!