Raw Key Lime Pie
This is another raw recipe that I have been playing with. The creamy lime filling is lovely. I do enjoy the raw nut pastry too and it’s quite fun to make a dish that does not need any baking too! This is a great alternative to the unhealthy version and worth a try!
You could vary the nut crust if you wanted…but I like the combination of cashews and walnuts. The unbaked crust is just lovely. I might try this as a cheesecake base…nom nom!
1 1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup cashews
2 tblspns coconut oil, melted
1 tblspns agave nectar
1/2 cup agave nectar
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup lime juice (or more to taste)
1 tblspn lime zest
- Process the nuts in a food processor until finely ground.
- Add the 2 tblspns coconut oil and agave nectar and blend well.
- Press into a pie dish (or individual bowls) and place into the freezer.
- Place the avocados into a food processor and add the lime juice, 1/2 cup agave nectar, lime zest and coconut oil and blitz until smooth.
- Pour into the nut crust and either place in the freezer for 1-2 hours or in the fridge overnight to set.
- Eat and enjoy!
- My Favourite 20 Recipes | Divalicious Recipes In The City - […] Raw Key Lime Pie – So far, is the best Key Lime Pie I have made. Just love it! …
- 15 Avocado Recipes | Divalicious Recipes - […] http://divaliciousrecipes.com/2012/07/27/raw-key-lime-pie/ […]