This is a delicious low carb alternative to potatoes using the wonderful cauliflower yet again! I cooked these for breakfast and the only complaint that I got was that there was not enough. I added cheese to my hash browns but you could alway omit this to keep it Vegan or Dairy Free. I used Cheddar Cheese, but you could use mozzarella or Parmesan too.
This would be a great way to use any left over cauliflower rice that you may have too! You could add other spices, herbs or chopped peppers too! Go crazy and experiment with this!
2 cups cauliflower, grated
1/2 onion finely chopped
3/4 cup grated Cheddar Cheese (or mozzarella or Parmesan)
1 tspn garlic powder
salt and white pepper
3 tblspns olive oil
- Cook the grated cauliflower in the microwave for about 3 minutes until tender and there is no water in it (or if you have some leftover cooked cauliflower rice you can omit this bit).
- Add the onion, cheese and garlic powder and stir well. Season to taste.
- Using your hands, form little patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Place the patties in the pan and gently press down with a spatula to flatten.
- Cook on each side until golden.
- Eat and enjoy!
Makes 4 Hashbrowns
Nutrition: Per Hashbrown: 195 Calories; 17g Fat; 7g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carb