This is a delicious low carb alternative to potatoes using the wonderful cauliflower yet again! I cooked these for breakfast and the only complaint that I got was that there was not enough. I added cheese to my hash browns but you could alway omit this to keep it Vegan or Dairy Free. I used Cheddar Cheese, but you could use mozzarella or Parmesan too.
This would be a great way to use any left over cauliflower rice that you may have too! You could add other spices, herbs or chopped peppers too! Go crazy and experiment with this!
Cauliflower Hash Browns
2 cups cauliflower, grated
1/2 onion finely chopped
3/4 cup grated Cheddar Cheese (or mozzarella or Parmesan)
1 tspn garlic powder
salt and white pepper
3 tblspns olive oil
- Cook the grated cauliflower in the microwave for about 3 minutes until tender and there is no water in it (or if you have some leftover cooked cauliflower rice you can omit this bit).
- Add the onion, cheese and garlic powder and stir well. Season to taste.
- Using your hands, form little patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Place the patties in the pan and gently press down with a spatula to flatten.
- Cook on each side until golden.
- Eat and enjoy!
Makes 4 Hashbrowns
Nutrition: Per Hashbrown: 195 Calories; 17g Fat; 7g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carb
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss a recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!