Gluten Free/ Low Carb/ Pizzas & Quiches/ Vegetarian

Almond Flour Pizza (Low Carb and Gluten Free)

If I told you that this was exactly the same as a doughy pizza, I would be lying.  If I said that this was the best low carb and gluten free alternative I have made so I would be 100% truthful.

This is so far, my favourite low carb and gluten free pizza base and was met with happy munching from my tasters.   Gorgeously low carb and gluten free too!  Very easy to make…who needs to pound out dough when you can whip up a lovely pizza like this.

I buy big bags of almond flour from Amazon but you could easily just grind up almonds in a food processor or you may be lucky enough to purchase “ground almonds” in your supermarket.  They are the same thing really.

Almond Flour Pizza

• Servings: 1-2
  • Difficulty: easy

2 cups Almond Flour

2 eggs, beaten

3 Tblspns Olive oil

1/4 tspn baking soda

3 tblspns oregano

1/2 tspn garlic powder (optional)

• Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
  • Mix all ingredients in a bowl together to make a dough.  Form into a ball.
  • Line a baking sheet or pizza pan with greased proof or parchment paper.  Spread out the dough mixture across the paper.  It will be sticky, so I find having damp hands helped.

• Bake the crust for 10 – 15 minutes until lightly golden.Remove from the oven and spread over your toppings.  Place back in the oven and cook for a further 15 – 20 minutes.
    • Slice, eat and enjoy!

Have a couple of slices or two…

If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss a recipe!

Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!

It's only fair to share...Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0Share on Tumblr0Share on Yummly21Pin on Pinterest12

jaime
    July 30, 2015 at 10:54 am

When u say 2 cups how much would you say that is in grams. I have many cups and they are all different sizes lol

July 30, 2015 at 11:05 am

It should be about 192 grams. Happy baking!

Lynn
    February 15, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Hi Sara. We just made it for lunch! Very yummy taste. We love your bread too. However, substitute Camelina oil for Olive oil (350 smoke point) due to the smoke point (475) and is super! However, I failed to read the instructions and turned out really gooey. Oops! Read it again. Didn’t bake it FIRST! So, with my words of wisdom, BAKE before adding the toppings! ๐Ÿ™‚ We loved the taste and will definitely fill our cravings for pizza when needed. Thanks Sara! Where do you get all these delicious fine recipes? Do you just experiment until you get it? Which recipe is your all time favorite? We’ll keep trying them all! Yum Yum Yum!!!

Kelli
    December 22, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Have you ever partially baked and then frozen these crusts? I might try it but was wondering if anyone had words of wisdom before I do.

December 23, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Hi Kelli, no I haven’t. If you try it and it works out okay, please let me know!

Sara
    December 4, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Oh wow, finally a simple recipe that doesn’t include an entire speciality store’s worth of ingredients! How would you describe the texture? Also, about how big of a crust does this make?

Thanks!! I can’t wait to try it out.

December 10, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Hi Sara. Thanks for stopping by and glad you like the recipe. I would describe the texture as slightly doughy..and I make a pizza about 8 inches wide with this. Let me know how you get on with it!

Amy
    September 4, 2013 at 12:50 am

Sounds delicious, I can’t wait to try it!

September 4, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Hope you enjoy it Amy! Thanks for popping by!

Piece a Pizza | Treasure Your Being
    April 17, 2013 at 4:11 am

[…] some almond flour at the store last week, so I decided to make an almond flour crust. I followed this recipe for the crust. I found the tip about having wet hands to spread the dough VERY helpful […]

Mind of Andy
    April 13, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Awesome! Making it right now ๐Ÿ™‚ Using paprika instead of oregano though.. hope it turns out alright ๐Ÿ™‚

April 14, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Oooh- paprika sounds like a good idea! Hope it came out okay and you enjoyed it!

Tina
    January 23, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Making this for lunch right now! YUM! It’s my go-to recipe when my family is craving pizza ๐Ÿ™‚

January 24, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Glad you like it Tina! It’s the best subtitute we have found so far…!

Little Sis
    July 18, 2012 at 2:09 am

Thanks for sharing this. We make pizza every friday and I’ve been trying to think of ways to at least REDUCE the gluten a bit. I’ll have to give it a go.

July 18, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Hope you like it! Thanks for popping by!

d'liteful cravings
    July 18, 2012 at 1:27 am

Seriously, is there a LIKE ALL button! I cannot keep up with you, I want to try them all!!! Looks absolutely delicious…