This is a great weekend breakfast for us but could equally be a lovely dessert too. Gorgeous with a side of cream and make with the wonderful coconut flour, so full of fibre too! One of these may make you ask for another but don’t! You will be too full!
You will need a lid to cover the frying pan to cook this too. Sometimes lids from saucespans will fit on your frying pan. The apple is small in quantity and therefore not too bad on the carbs. This is another gluten free recipe too! You can have your pancake and eat it!
1/2 small apple, cored and sliced thinly
1 large tblspn coconut flour
1/4 tspn baking powder
1 tblspn erthyritol (or other sugar substitute)
1 tspn cream
1 tspn butter
1/8 tspn cinnamon
- Mix the cream, egg and sugar substitute.
- Add the coconut flour and baking powder. Blend until no lumps.
- Let rest for 5 minutes (the mixture will thicken).
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a high heat. Stir in the cinnamon and lay down the apple slices in the pan. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the pancake mixture and smooth over all of the apple slices. Cover with a lid and cook on a LOW heat for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid and carefully flip over the pancake. Put the lid back on and cook for a further minute.
- Eat and enjoy!
Makes one pancake
Nutrition: Per Pancake: 290 Calories; 12g Fat; 8g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 10g Net Carb