This is another great alternative to potato salad and a low carb option. The dressing can be played with to your own taste. Use the same dressing and flavours as your favourite potato salad and go wild with cauliflower instead! Feel free to add other chopped veggies to it too!
As with the other cauliflower salad, this tastes divine after a few hours or even the next day!
1 cauliflower, cut into small florets
2 hard-boiled eggs
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
3 spring onions, finely chopped
1/3 cup mayonnaise (home made of course!)
1 tspn mustard
1/4 tspn garlic powder
1 tspsn lemon juice
2-3 tblspns fresh dill, finely choppped (or other fresh herb of your choice)
salt and pepper (I prefer white pepper)
- Cook the cauliflower florets by steaming/microwave/boiling. Just make sure that they are not too soft but tender.
- Drain and put into a bowl.
- Chop the eggs and add to the cauliflower.
- Add the pepper, onion and dill.
- Mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic together.
- Add to the cauliflower and mix well.
- Chill for a couple of hours before serving (or even overnight).
- Eat and enjoy!