A yummy, spicy cauliflower side dish that celebrates the joy that is cauliflower! It is just lovely and makes a great side dish to any meal full of spice. I sometimes “up” the cauliflower content of my plate and serve this with stir fried cauliflower rice..because you cannot have enough cauliflower!
I sometimes “up” the cauliflower content of my plate and serve this with stir fried cauliflower rice..because you cannot have enough cauliflower! Or try the coconut flour flatbread recipe that I have as that makes a great low carb naan bread. Sprinkle on some garlic butter and voila! Home made take-away food!
This is a version of a “dry” curry dish but you could perhaps add some coconut milk or vegetable stock to turn it into a “wet” curry. As with most spicey dishes this is sometimes better the next day when the spices have absorbed. Spicy cauliflower for breakfast? Why not? You’ve had the shame of cold pizza for the morning after. Choose a healtier option with spicey cauliflower!
If you are wanting to try and get some healthy turmeric spice into you diet, try this dish and if you enjoy the spices, play around with other vegetables, or even chicken and fish.
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tomatoes, grated
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 green chilli pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 tblspn oil
- 1 tspn tumeric
- 1 tspn red chilli powder
- Mix the cauliflower with the half the tumeric and ensure that all pieces are coated.
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan and stir fry the cauliflower until they are slightly brown. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and add the green chilli pepper, ginger and tomatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and the remaining tumeric and chilli powder. Cover and cook until the cauliflower is tender.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Nutritional Info per quarter recipe - 29 Calories, 1g Fat, 2g Protein, 6g Total Carbs, 3g Fibre, 3g Net Carbs