Chocolate Covered Orange Peel Strips
This is a great way to make a tasty snack out of orange peel. So no more discarding the peel and chucking into the bin or on the compost….make a snack of of it. It is for Jaffa cake/Terry’s chocolate orange lovers..! The Chief Taster made the comment “wow” when munching these and there were no leftovers…
Instead of sugar I used erythritol but you could use any other granular sugar substitute if you wished.
Chocolate Covered Orange Peel
100g chocolate (I used high cocoa solids)
1 cup erythritol (or other sugar substitute)
- Cut the oranges into quarters and peel the rinds keeping them in one shape.
- Cut the rinds into thin sticks.
- Place the orange rinds into a saucepan of boiling water and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain the water and repeat.
- Place half the erythritol in a saucepan with a cup of water. Put the orange rinds in the saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the orange rinds, drain and then dip into the remaining erythritol and cool. I leave them overnight but you could go onto the chocolate dipping stage once they are cool.
- Melt the chocolate either in a bain marie or zap in the microwave.
- Dip the orange rinds in the chocolate and place on a cooling rack until the chocolate sets.
- Eat and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!