This are simply spiced, fruity truffles with a cross on as an excuse to give this dish an Easter theme! A nice alternative to Easter eggs……..who am I kidding, it’s chocolate therefore is delicious!
I liked the texture of the dried fruit within the truffles which gave them a nice bite.
Hot Cross Truffles
200g dark chocolate
1/3 cup cream
1/3 cup dried fruit
Zest of one orange
1 tblspn orange juice
150g white chocolate
- Melt half of the dark chocolate in a bain marie. Remove from the heat, and add the remaining chocolate, stirring until all have melted.
- Add the cream, orange peel, juice, mixed spice and dried fruit and mix thoroughly.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Remove and take small teaspoons of the truffle mixture, roll into balls and place onto a layer of parchment paper.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bain marie.
- Gently place the white chocolate in crosses over the truffle (I used a skewer dipped in the melted chocolate to do this).
- Eat and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!