This is a hearty soup with a lovely tang of lemon. It is a yummy soup to make with roasted cauliflower and easy to make. Plus I love the flavour combination of artichoke and lemon. I like the consistency of this soup to be nice and thick, but if you want it smoother, simply add more stock. The photos do not really do the soup justice…if only you could smell how good this is!
I used canned artichokes for the simplicity factor but feel free to use fresh ones if you have them. The stock is vegetable stock but you could use chicken stock if you prefer a meat stock to your soup.
1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1 tin artichokes
2 -3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 onion, peeled and chopped
750 ml vegetable stock
2-3 tblspns lemon juice (depends how zesty you want it to be)
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Place the cauliflower in a roasting tin and drizzle olive oil over the florets.
- Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, making sure you turn them over halfway to get an even golden colour.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large saucepan and cook the garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, artichoke and vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the lemon juice and simmer for about 5-10 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Puree the soup until smooth.
- Slurp, eat and enjoy!