I love my hot chocolate spinkled with cinnamon, so in this recipe put them together in donut form. Seems logical to me…..! The husband voted these as his favourite…although that may change with the next batch for him to test. I love how moist these donuts are, and it’s a credit to the joys of coconut flour…and the coconut oil and milk…all very good for you. You can eat donuts and not feel too guilty! Ooh, and btw, I make my hot chocolate with coconut milk….very delicious…should post the recipe one day….;)
As ever, you need a donut tin. I am yet to find a source locally for this but have not looked too hard…I ordered mine via Amazon and it took about a week to get here. If anyone finds the tin here, please let me know so I can spread the word.
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup erythritol
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/t tspn stevia
1/4 tspn salt
1/4 tspn baking soda
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tpsn cinnamon
1 tblspn vanilla extract
2-3 tblspn Agave syrup
3-4 tblspn cinnamon
3-4 tblspn cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Mix the coconut flour, erythritol, stevia, cocoa flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla extract and blend until you have no lumps.
- Fill into the donut molds up to 2/3 full with the batter and bake for 20 minutes until firm.
- Remove and cool.
- Mix the cinnamon and cocoa powder together.
- Dip the donuts in the Agave syrup, then into the cocoa/chocolate mixture.
- Eat and enjoy!