This pizza frittata recipe combines my love of pizza and frittata. Two of my favourite dishes together! Perfect for low carb and gluten free diets!
This is a frittata that can be made with any pizza toppings that you prefer. Here, I just simply used onions and peppers but feel free to throw in meat, mushrooms and other veggies. It’s a pizza, it’s a frittata, it’s a yummy dish!
2 onions, peeled and sliced
2 medium peppers, deseeded and sliced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 tspn Oregano, dried
1 cup tomato or marina sauce
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
2 tblspn olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute the onion and peppers for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Add the oregano and stire well.
- Beat the eggs well and pour into the frying pan.
- Preheat the grill.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the eggs are set at the bottom.
- Place until the grill and cook until nearly firm. Remove and add the tomato/marina sauce, then sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese. Place back under the grill and cook until the cheese is bubbling and brown.
- Eat and enjoy!