A cauliflower frittata recipe flavoured with sage making this low carb and gluten free dish utterly delicious.
This is a tasty, filling frittata with one of my favourite vegetables, the glorious cauliflower. The sage has a great taste but you could always substitute this with another herb if you wish. It is lovely for lunch or supper and is a great lunch box filler too. Omit the optional Parmesan cheese to keep this recipe Paleo too. Simple to make, yummy to eat!
1/2 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 onion, peeled and sliced
3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
8 – 10 sage leaves, chopped
1/4 cup creme fraiche
1/4 cup butter
salt and pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and gently saute the onion, garlic and cauliflower for about 10 minutes until the onion is golden.
- Beat the eggs and add the creme fraiche. Season to taste.
- Scatter the sage over the cauliflower mix.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cauliflower and add the Parmesan (if using). Cook on the hob for 2-3 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until firm and fluffy.
- Eat and enjoy!