A healthy version of coconut ice with a lot less sugar and carbs. This sweet treat is more natural too with no artificial colouring.
I was looking at a bag of coconut and wondering what to do with it when my mind drifted to one of my childhood sweets..coconut ice. That was a ball of sugar and colouring so I thought about trying a more healthier version.
Instead of food colouring, I used crushed raspberries for the pink section. The flavour of raspberries goes well with coconut too and is just gorgeous! This does not have any of the sickly sugarly taste of the childhood sweet but has a lovely coconut flavour. Low in carbs and gluten free too….I can snack on this with no guilt!
4 cups grated/dessicated coconut (the unsweetened version)
1 1/2 cup erythritol
1 cup coconut cream
1 tbslpn butter
1/2 cup raspberries
- Mix the coconut, erythritol and coconut cream in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer until the mixture is soft.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter, mixing well.
- Put half of the mixture into a dish and flatten down.
- Mix the raspberries into the remaining mixture and mash well, so that the colour is a light pink.
- Place the raspberry mixture on top of the white mixture in the dish.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill over night.
- Cut, eat and enjoy!