A gingerbread cheesecake perfect for the holiday season.
This combines the flavourings of gingerbread with cheesecake…yummy! I decorated the top with lemon flavoured cream which went well together. Then again I do like cream over my baked cheesecakes…
750g cream cheese
1/2 tspn vanilla extract
1/2 cup erthyritol
1/4 cup molasses
4 tblspn butter
2 tspn ground ginger
1 tspn ground cinnamon
1/4 tspn grated nutmeg
1/8 tspn ground cloves
1/4 tspn salt
1 tspn baking soda
100g ground almonds
1 tspn ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F degrees.
- Mix the almonds, butter and ginger together to make a dough. Press it into a base of a 20cm spring release tin and bake for 10-15 minutes until set and crisp. Remove and reduce the heat to 180C/350F degrees.
- In a saucepan heat the molasses over a low heat until bubbles appear around the sides.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time until blended. Add the spices and salt and leave to cool.
- In a food processor, blend the cream cheese until light and smooth. Then add in the vanilla extract.
- Add two of the eggs, one at a time and gradually add the erthyritol.
- Beat the remaining two eggs into the molasses batter and blend well. All the baking soda and stir.
- Pour the molasses mixture into the cream cheese mixture and gently blend.
- Pour the mixture onto the almond base and bake in the oven for 50 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan, cover and refrigerate.
- I topped mine with some lemon cream, but topping is optional and up to you.
- Eat and enjoy!