This is a rich pate that I have made gluten free by making breadcrumbs from a few slices of my healthy bread. I love the rich flavour of the red wine and chestnuts. Spread on some gluten free crackers or toast, this is simply delicious.
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tspn dried thyme
150ml red wine
150ml vegetable stock
100ml chestnuts, chopped
100g chestnut puree
75g gluten free breadcrumbs
salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and gently cook the onion, thyme and garlic until soft.
- Add the vegetable stock and red wine and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the chestnuts, chestnut puree and breadcrumbs. Mix well and season to taste.
- Cook over a gentle heat until thickened.
- Spoon the mixture into your dish of choice and chill in the refrigerator.
- Slather on crackers, eat and enjoy!