I love these gluten free cookies of goodness and was lucky to get a photo of them as I kept munching them as they came out of the oven. The zing of ginger goes well with the lemon and they are soft in the middle, yet crunchy on the outside. I used the all purpose gluten free flour instead of my regular coconut and almond flour. This I brought from our Organic shop but have also seen it in the Gluten Free section of Geant supermarket (for you Dubai Divas). As ever I use erthyritol instead of sugar to keep the carbs and sugar rushes at bay!
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups erthyritol
1 large egg
1 juice and rind of a lemon
2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour mix
1 tspn xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 ounces chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F degrees.
- Combine the butter and erthyritol in a mixing bowl. Cream with an food processor until
light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and lemon juice. Beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine gluten-free all purpose flour, baking powder, ground ginger, salt and lemon zest. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Beat on slow and use a spatula to
scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. When the mixture is combined, gradually add the crystallized ginger to the cookie dough and blend until combined.
- Make 2 tablespoon balls out of dough for giant cookies. Place on an parchment paper or a cookie sheet. I gently pat mine down to slightly flatten them.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are set and the
edges are golden brown. You do not want the tops to go golden as these cookies will harden once out of the oven.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for at least five minutes before removing with a large spatula to a cooling rack.
- Eat and enjoy!