I am finding it difficult to find cans of chesnut puree so decided to have a crack at making my own since I found fresh chestnuts for sale in a supermarket and they were quite cheap. The results were suprising and I don’t think I will spend that money on a tin of puree again! And it saves upon my annoyance of being lead to water chestnuts by store staff everytime I ask for chestnut puree…
300g cooked chestnuts
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup water
- Place every thing in a small sauce pan. (The liquid should just cover the chestnuts.)
- Simmer the chestnuts until soft, about 10-20 minutes. (Watch them as milk can quickly boil over the side of a pan.)
- Scoop the chestnuts out of the liquid, reserving the liquid.
- Puree the chestnuts using as much of the reserved liquid as required.
- Use in your recipe, eat and enjoy!