I love the combination of pear and ginger and in a sweet donut is just yummy. To be honest the pear is not strong on flavour but gives the donut extra moisture.
These mixture could be used as a muffin mix but I love using my donut tray – regular and mini. Baking food in a shape makes it more appealing to the inner child in me.
As ever, since these are made of the high fibre coconut flour, these are very filling so don’t go too crazy with them. Although it will be hard not to eat the lot in one go….!
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 pear, grated
1/4 tspn salt
1/4 tspn baking soda
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tspn ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a food processor and blend.
- Add the wet ingredients and combine until mixed well.
- Pour the mixture into greased donut tray about 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until firm.
- Eat and enjoy!