This is so moist and tasty it cannot be good for you…but it’s Gluten Free Diva, so go ahead, cut yourself a large piece! It has all my favourite ingredients, almond flour, coconut flour and coconut milk added to the traditional gingerbread spices. Yummy.
I decorated mine with some lemon flavoured cream, but it’s fine without any topping…Or add your own topping of choice..perhaps serve with a side of cream…or some kind of hot sauce….sorry, just drooled over my keyboard…Just typing out this recipe made me want to have another piece…oh dear…
1/2 cup honey
1/2 coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Line a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir the honey and oil together until the honey is near creamed or is beginning to have a “grainy” appearance.
- Stir in the coconut milk, eggs, vanilla, and spices.
- In a separate small bowl, incorporate the flours and baking soda and fold into the wet ingredients.
- Blend well and stir out any lumps.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- When the cake is done, it should have the characteristic colour of gingerbread and should spring
back when touched and/or when a knife comes out clean from the centre.
- Cool the cake before slicing.
- Eat and enjoy!